You have thought long and hard about it and you are finally ready to start your first steroid cycle. As we all know, steroid use can go sideways really fast if you don’t know what you’re doing. For that reason, this article will cover a few steroid options and cycles that you might want to stick to for your first time.
The most common steroids used in first cycles, either combined or solo, are:
- Testosterone: naturally-occurring in the body, testosterone will boost your muscle building and fat shedding abilities while keeping collaterals usually controlled if taken in moderate quantities;
- Nandrolone: a very powerful, widely utilized and tested 19-nor testosterone analogue. Will provide a significant amount of fluid retention, rapid strength gain and is helpful for joint health;
- Dianabol: an oral steroid generally used for shorter periods of time as a supplementary steroid, will cause major bodyweight and strength gains, while improving nitrogen retention, endurance and increasing appetite;
- Anavar: another oral substance, Anavar is a DHT based steroid that is known for being well tolerated for both men and women, accompanying few, if any, undesirable side effects;
- Winstrol: available in both oral and injectable forms, Winstrol is based off on the DHT molecule, acting on the body to increase muscle mass, burn fat and raise metabolism. Winstrol is very powerful and one of the most widely used steroids in the world.
Now that you have an idea of what each of these substances are, here are some examples on how you can do your first cycle:
- Dianabol-only cycle
A recommended Dianabol-only cycle lasts six weeks, with 30mg daily and then go into Post Cycle Therapy (PCT).
- Winstrol-only cycle
Winstrol can be found in both injectable and oral forms. However, when in it’s injectable form, it’s in either a water based suspension (more common) or solubilized in oil, both of which can be very painful and lead to severe discomfort or even infections. For that reason, I would stick with the oral Winstrol specially being a first cycle.
A very simple Winstrol-only cycle also lasts for six weeks, using 50mg every day and then go for PCT.
- Testosterone-only cycle
Injectable testosterone is available with many different esters attached to the testosterone molecule, affecting things such as solubility, how fast it will kick in and out (once you stop taking it), how painful each shot will be, etc. For the purposes of a first cycle, personally I would stick to enanthate, cypionate or a combination of esters such as Sustanon, especially if you can obtain pharma-grade gear.
A testosterone-only cycle I’d recommend is 10 to 12 weeks, where you take 500mg of testosterone enanthate weekly, divided into 2 or 3 shots for more stable blood levels.
- Testosterone and Dianabol cycle
Since dianabol is usually an accessory steroid, bodybuilders have a tendency to stack it with testosterone to improve its efficacy. An ordinary cycle for testosterone with Dianabol would also be 10 to 12 weeks.
As far as dosage goes, you take 400mg of testosterone weekly and 20mg of Dianabol daily for the first 5 weeks.
From week 6 to week 10 or 12, you simply take 500mg of testosterone weekly. Here, Dianabol acts as a “kickstarter”, giving you fast strength and size gains while the injectable testosterone kicks in.
- Testosterone and nandrolone cycle
The testosterone and nandrolone cycle suggested here lasts for 12 weeks. For the 12 weeks you take 400mg of your testosterone ester mixed with 200mg of nandrolone weekly, divided into 3 shots (for example, Monday, Wednesday and Saturday).
You then take a 2-week break to give your body a chance to metabolize the steroids and then get on with your PCT.
- Anavar-only cycle
An Anavar-only cycle would consist of 6 to 8 weeks taking 40-50mg a day. Since Anavar does not suppress your natural testosterone production as heavily as other steroids do, you can do a shorter PCT.
As far as PCTs go, it’s a controversial topic, with many believing it serves no real purpose and others defending it. In any case, I suggest you do your own research on the topic and decide for your own, but generally speaking, Nolvadex 20mg or Clomid 50mg daily for 4 weeks should be enough for the cycles shown here, just make sure to wait 5 half-lives of the longest substance you’re taking and then start it.
Also remember, using steroids comes at its risks and no individual is equal to another, so we cannot predict how your body will respond exactly. If you choose to do steroids, be ready to face the consequences of your decision.