In today’s post, I will be covering a simple, highly effective, “unnatural” nootropic stack that can allow just about anyone to focus more, memorize more information and get rid of brain fog, all while protecting the brain from neurodegenerative threats.
This is a stack that benefits students, entrepreneurs, gamers, athletes, blue-collar workers, and white-collar workers alike. There is no context in which having improved cognitive function is not beneficial.
This stack combines a synthetic nootropic called Oxiracetam with a natural nootropic called Alpha-GPC. The beauty about this stack is that both compounds work synergistically to improve cognitive function much more than any of the two could on its own while also reducing the occurrence of side-effects.
Oxiracetam is a very powerful nootropic of the racetam family, meaning that it’s derived from Piracetam, the first synthetic Nootropic ever developed.
This is a smart drug in the truest sense of the word, because it ONLY improves cognitive function and it does not stimulate the central nervous system or interfere with dopamine or serotonin. The exact mechanism of action of Oxiracetam is not clear, but scientists believe it works by modulating neurotransmitter receptors and increasing the production of acetylcholine, an important molecule that plays a key role in memory, focus, brain function and brain health.
Its benefits may be similar to those of other nootropics, but Oxiracetam is simply one of the most powerful and effective ones:
- Improves short and long-term memory / focus.
- Improves cognitive function and one’s ability to express their thoughts/develop arguments, think logically and perform mentally.
- Slows down age-related cognitive decline.
- May be effective at healing some brain injuries (scientific info is limited on this one).
Oxiracetam is generally safe and well-tolerated by most users. However, it is possible for it to cause headaches and nausea in a small percentage of users, as well as insomnia if dosed late during the day.
ALPHA-GPC is a fascinating nootropic supplement that every man can benefit from. I will not bore you to death with the science behind this compound, but you should know that ALPHA-GPC is already present in the human brain, where it acts as a precursor to acetylcholine (which Oxiracetam increases).
ALPHA-GPC is sold as a natural, over-the-counter supplement because it’s safe and effective for the treatment of a wide variety of conditions, including Dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Chances are you don’t have to take ALPHA-GPC to treat the aforementioned conditions, but we can still benefit from it because it:
- Prevents cognitive decline (so that we are less likely to face neurodegenerative diseases like dementia and Alzheimer’s later in life).
- Improves memory / information-retention.
- Improves physical performance (speed, power, strength) modestly.
- May boost Growth Hormone levels (the studies that observed this effect were not conclusive though, so take this with a grain of salt).
ALPHA-GPC is virtually side-effect free when used responsibly, but like all supplements and medications, it may cause nausea, stomach upset or headaches in a small fraction of users. If you overdose it you will probably experience tiredness and anhedonia.
The why and how
As I mentioned before, Oxiracetam increases the production of acetylcholine. The primary building block in the formation of this molecule is choline. Unfortunately, Oxiracetam uses so much choline for the production of acetylcholine that it eventually causes the brain to run out of it. When that happens, we experience brain fog and the exact opposite of what Oxiracetam is supposed to do. Think of choline as the fuel needed for Oxiracetam to work.
The beauty of ALPHA-GPC is that it is a form of choline, so by taking it together with Oxiracetam we are providing the latter with the building blocks it needs to keep working well and producing acetylcholine, all while preventing the side-effects that come from being choline-depleted.
Here’s how I recommend you dose this stack:
- 750mg Oxiracetam (1-2h before you want its effects to peak). Take another 750mg later in the day if you still need its effects.
- 400mg ALPHA-GPC (Take the first 400mg of the day together with Oxiracetam). Keep taking 400mg every 4 hours for up to a total of 1200mg a day.
If you are someone who is looking to perform better not only in the gym, but also in your work/student life, look no further than this beginner stack to see what enhancing your brain with the right chemistry feels like, and the kind of amazing results it can help you achieve.