Dimethazine (also known as DMZ, Dostalone or Mebolazine) is a 17-alpha-alkylated (oral) AAS derived from DHT that is essentially a dimer of Superdrol, meaning that it’s chemical structure is TWO Superdrol molecules bound by an “azine” ringe, something that only one other AAS has (Bolazine, which is 2x Masteron molecules bound together).
One of the most surprising facts about this AAS is that it was legally sold as a pro-hormone for many years (supp store clerks were selling this to 16 year olds), and to this day it can still be acquired legally as a research chemical in most countries (source at the end!).
We are about to delve into the pros and cons of DMZ but, in a nutshell, how would I describe it? Easy: DMZ is an extremely potent oral AAS that will provide crazy gains in both lean mass and strength without causing any other estrogenic side-effects. Unfortunately, it will destroy your liver…
Benefits of Dimethazine
Dimethazine is effective at:
- Building a ton of lean muscle mass (subcutaneous water retention is minimal but it will fill your muscles with glycogen).
- Increasing strength dramatically without destroying the joints.
- Improving vascularity and pumps (wont make you dry like winstrol or metribolone, but this is mainly a bulking drug and not meant for cutting).
- Improving sex drive and mood (anecdotally).
There is a lot of anecdotal information about DMZ in old bodybuilding forums (DMZ is not as popular as it used to be when you could buy it at your local supplement store), and most reports lead to the same conclusion:
DMZ will make you blow up in size in a very short period of time, you will lose a pound or two after coming off and the liver toxicity will be bad, but the results may justify it if you are cautious.
Side-effects of Dimethazine
The side-effects of Dimethazine are very straightforward. This does not convert to estrogen so gyno, moodiness and excessive water retention aren’t really an issue.
Here’s what you can expect from it though:
- Dimethazine will shut down your natural testosterone production (test base will be necessary, as well as a PCT unless you are on TRT or cruising on Test between cycles).
- Dimethazine will destroy your lipid panel (low HDL, high LDL).
- Dimethazine is very liver toxic.
- Dimethazine is a DHT derivative that can easily cause hair loss and acne in those who are prone to these conditions.
- Dimethazine may cause benign prostatic hyperplasia (a single cycle is unlikely to have a noticeable impact).
- Dimethazine will cause muscle pumps and cramps.
How to use it
Despite being very hepatotoxic (liver toxic), DMZ can be used for up to 4 weeks at a time with no serious issues as long as NAC is used (1g a day) during the cycle. I would also consider taking Glutathione at 500mg 2x a week or TUDCA at 500mg a day for a couple of weeks AFTER the cycle.
For the lipid panel, taking 6g of Fish Oil a day and 500mg of Citrus Bergamot per day would be sufficient (keep taking both for 4 weeks after the cycle).
In order to deal with the hair loss, the only viable option would be RU-58841 (applied topically to the affected parts of the scalp every night).
Taking 500mg Magensium per day and up to 2g of Taurine per day may be necessary if the pumps / cramps are persistent (along with drinking a ton of water).
In terms of dosing, I would recommend 20mg a day split into two 10mg servings (morning and evening).
The best use case? Using it for 4 weeks to kickstart a cycle of Testosterone (or Test + other injectables).
In conclusion, DMZ is the true definition of a hardcore oral AAS. It is extremely potent and dangerous, making it a no-go for the vast majority of sensible enhanced bodybuilders. Only the most experienced, brave and experimental bodybuilders dare try it.